Brief : With the pre-made model of a robot do the following:
• Design a concept shot for your robot retexturing
• Unwrap the model and export UVs for texturing
• Create textures in Photoshop
• Render 2 full HD beauty shots of the final textured robot
• Create an animated model rotation of the final outcome
With this project I wanted to design two contrasting robots. From researching I found that the 1970’s Iron was very different compared the Iron Man shown to today’s marvels films. My aim to design the 1970’s to look as crap as possible compared to the modern day Iron Man. I replaced the arc reactor with a light bulb and sellotape and the texture of the entire robot was made to look like a bin bag. I wanted the modern Iron Man to look shiny and brand new so when adding the textures in MAYA, I used a specular map to highlight the shininess of the iron.